What JobTrainer Funding?
To help Queensland’s economy to recover from the impacts of COVID-19, the JobTrainer Fund is delivering additional training places in short courses, certificate and diploma qualifications to Queensland job seekers, school leavers and young people. You can find out more about the Queensland Governments support for the JobTrainer fund here.
JobTrainer is a jointly funded initiative of the Australian and state and territory governments.
What units are covered in the ACDC course?
The JobTrainer fund covers the AHCSS00074 – Agricultural Chemical Skill Set. This includes the two units of the ACDC course. The units are:
AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
AHCCHM304 Transport, handle and store chemicals
How can I qualify for the JobTrainer fund?
To be eligible to enrol in a training place funded under the JobTrainer Fund, prospective students must:
• permanently reside in Queensland; and
• be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
• have finished school or no longer be at school (including homeschooled); and
• not be enrolled in training (includes vocational education and training (VET) and higher education courses); and
• not have previously completed a qualification funded under the JobTrainer Fund; and
• either be a (i) Job seeker OR (ii) School leaver/Young person as defined below:
i. Job seeker means an individual aged 15 years or older who is:
• out of work; or
• in receipt of income support payments.
ii. School leaver or young person means an individual who is aged 17 to 24 years, regardless of employment status.
Can students enrol in more than one short course or qualification?
Students may only complete one qualification funded under JobTrainer but may undertake multiple short courses. Students cannot be enrolled in more than one short course or qualification at a time.
Prospective students who have previously completed a qualification are still eligible to enrol in a subsidised training place as JobTrainer offers people a chance to retrain and gain new skills and qualifications.
How much will this cost?
Short courses and lower level qualifications (up to a certificate III level) will be fully funded by the Queensland Government, with eligible students required to pay no fee.