POLE SAW COURSE – FWPCOT3301 TRIM TREES USING A POLE SAW
2022 - 2024
11 May 2022 - 31 December 2024
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pole Saw Course Quick Overview:
- Location: Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast
- Cost: $329
- Minimum 3 people
- Schedule: The course will run on custom dates to suit your workplace
- Unit of competency: FWPCOT3301 Trim trees using a pole saw
- Duration: 1-day face to face
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Our trainers work in the industry and have current vocational currency
Standard Pole Saw Course:
A standard Pole Saw course includes 1 day of training and assessment.
Overview of Trim Trees Using a Pole Saw:
This pole saw course will give you the skills and knowledge required to use a fuel or battery-powered pole saw to trim tree branches within the safe height and angle limits.
This course is necessary for people who need to operate pole saws to trim tree branches as part of arboriculture, forestry, agriculture, conservation and land management, local government, emergency services and other government agency operations. Anyone operating a pole saw should apply for this course.
All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, according to state/territory health and safety regulations, legislation and standards that apply to the workplace.
During the pole saw course the trainer will go in-depth about the following topics and more.
- types and components of pole saws
- uses of pole saws to trim trees
- procedures for a pole saw operations
- risks and hazards associated with trimming trees with a pole saw
- characteristics of trees and timber defects
- trimming sequence and pole saw cutting techniques for trimming trees
- safe height and angle limits for a pole saw use when trimming trees
- criteria for assessing the condition of pole saw chain
- procedures for removing, sharpening, adjusting or replacing pole saw chain and other components
- established communication channels and protocols for trimming trees with a pole saw
- problem identification and resolution strategies related to trimming trees with a pole saw
- procedures for recording and reporting workplace information related to trimming trees with a pole saw
There are no entry requirements for the pole saw course.
We also offer Chainsaw Licence Level one (1) – AHCMOM213 Operate and maintain chainsaws, or FWPCOT2239 Trim and Cut felled trees
Level two (2) Chainsaw Licence – AHCPCM205 Fell small trees, or FWPCOT2253 – Fell trees manually (basic)
On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued a ‘Statement of Attainment’ certifying competence of the FWPCOT3301 Trim trees using a pole saw unit.
Pole Saw Course Delivery:
Pole Saw training will be conducted in a classroom (face to face) at a LT Training facility:
- Sunshine Coast – Nambour facility at Youth Ave, PCYC Nambour, QLD, 4560
- Gold Coast – Woongoolba Tennis Club – 1042 Stapylton Jacobs Well Rd, Woongoolba, QLD, 4207
Upon arrangement, training and assessment can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there are suitable facilities. We need a minimum of four people for other job sites.
FAQ about Pole Saw:
Q. Do you need a licence to operate a Pole Saw?
A. No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication. However, it is strongly recommended that organisations and businesses fulfil their duty of care and ensure everyone using a pole saw has at minimum a nationally recognised accreditation.
To book, please select the course and date at the top of the page and press ‘Add To Event Cart.
LT Training primarily uses PCYC venues that are non-for-profit and give back to the local community. We run ‘Working at heights‘, ‘Confined space training‘, ‘Operate and maintain chainsaws‘, ‘White card‘, and ‘ACDC chemical licensing‘ at PCYC’s.
Our certificates are run anywhere in Queensland by doing online and face to face training. These courses include CERT II IN HORTICULTURE AHC20416, CERTIFICATE III IN PARKS AND GARDENS AHC31016, CERTIFICATE III IN INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT, CERTIFICATE III IN BUSINESS BSB30115, CERTIFICATE II IN WORKPLACE SKILLS BSB20120.