CONFINED SPACE TRAINING
2021 - 2025
2 January 2018 - 31 January 2025
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Confined Space Training Quick Overview:
- Location: Sunshine Coast, Nambour
- Cost: $265
- Schedule: Course runs weekly
- Unit of competency: RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- Duration: Pre-course theory and attend the face-to-face final assessment.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Combine with Working at Heights same-day training
- Complete the soft copy theory course before the face-to-face day.
- Please submit your completed pre-course theory to us by 4 pm the work day before the practical day.
- Students who did not complete the pre-course theory before the deadline above will not be able to participate. You will have to reschedule for the following week’s course.
The online soft copy course consists of two parts:
- The theory part: This is done on your own in your own time. It takes approximately 3 -5 hours to complete.
- Face-to-face day will consist of hands-on training in a simulated confined space.
Face to face, you do everything in class in one day. (once a month class)
Cost Confined Space training: $265
Confined Space training has a Package deal $490 for Working at Heights and Confined Space together on Sunshine Coast Campus only – provided there are no special prices advertised for a specific date. If you would like this deal please either (1) Add both the confined space and working at heights course to your cart and choose “Bank Transfer” as payment and we will send you an updated invoice, or (2) Give us a call or email.
Overview of Confined Space Training:
Enter and work in confined spaces training includes the theoretical and practical components of the unit RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces. You will learn how to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces and get your Confined Space Ticket. Training and assessment is compliant with AS2865 including but not limited to:
- Obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- Interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- Apply tagging and lock out
- Selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- Entering and working in the confined space
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering and during the confined space activity
- Applying safe materials handling methods
- Exiting the confined space
- Remove tagging and lock out
The course covers practical activities and other safe work practices.
This unit it appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform confined space work. This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This confined space training applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Code/Units of competency:
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
Outcomes of Confined Space training:
On successful completion of this confined space course, participants will be issued a nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework ‘Statement of Attainment’ certifying the competence of the unit. This Statement is issued by LT Training (RTO 45726). Participants will also be issued a LT Training wallet card on successful completion of the course displaying the name, unit and date of completion. This course is acceptable as a refresher course as well.
Enter and work in confined spaces face to face training is conducted at the registered training organisation LT Training Nambour facility. We can deliver onsite with our custom made confined space trailer anywhere in Brisbane and Gold Coast area provided we have at least five (5) students and classroom facilities.
Sunshine Coast: 3 Youth Avenue, Nambour, QLD 4560.
Pre-Requisites of Confined Space training:
According to packaging guidelines, this unit has no entry requirements and may be completed as a stand-alone unit or as part of a skills set or qualification. Please note that this course is high risk and includes basic physical and mental performance, reading, writing and listening.
Students with injuries or other medical conditions could find it difficult to perform practical tasks which include working in a confined space. All students must be able to put on/wear a harness, be capable of crawling and perform tasks in a confined space.
FAQ about Confined Space Training:
Q. Can you do confined space training online?
A. No, you cannot do an accredited confined space course online. You can however do a non-accredited refresher course online. Note, please check with your worksite or employer first if an online confined space course is acceptable.
Q. How often should a confined space ticket or training be refreshed or renewed?
A. Every 2 years for confined space ticket or training. In QLD most job sites won’t let you operate in confined spaces if your ticket is older than 2 years, as part of their duty of care.
All training aids and safety equipment are provided for use as required. Maximum student numbers exist depending on the facility.
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our Student Handbook which contains loads of information for our students including our policies and terms and conditions. The handbook is available on the bottom right-hand link of this page. If you have any questions at all, we are happy to help.
Licensing, legislative and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. Users must check requirements with the relevant body before applying the unit.
There is no recognition of prior learning for RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces due to the high-risk work nature and legislation changes that frequently occur.
Full payment for the course must be made at the time of booking.
Our refund policy can be found in our student handbook here. “Once a course has commenced there will be no refund of the course fee”
Venue: Sunshine Coast PCYC
Address: 3 Youth Ave, Burnside QLD 4560
(Go through front entrance and it is the room directly in front of you, the entrance door is just on the right)
LT Training primarily uses PCYC venues that are non-for-profit and give back to the local community. We run ‘Working at heights‘, ‘Confined space training‘, ‘Operate and maintain chainsaws‘, and ‘ACDC chemical licensing‘ at the Sunshine Coast PCYC. We also run ACDC chemical licensing and Operate and maintain chainsaws at other locations.